APPLYING TO PNA
Choosing a school for your child is a significant decision — and an exciting one for your family. We encourage families to visit our campus when possible, and after the tour, if you are ready to take the next step, fill out an application in our Admissions Management System, TADS. There is a $50 non-refundable application fee for each student’s application.
As soon as we receive your Application we will be in touch to lead you through the Admissions process.
These are the steps involved:
Step 1 - Application Review
- We’ll request Academic Transcripts from your child’s current and former schools and standardized test scores (where appropriate).
- We also may request that you provide a Teacher Recommendation letter for further background information on your child’s learning characteristics.
- We’ll conduct an assessment of your child’s academic and social, and emotional maturity to determine whether they are a good fit in the PNA class for which they are applying.
- Assessment Visits are typically scheduled to occur in the PNA classroom. At this time, we are scheduling Preschool assessments in-person in the Preschool classroom and grade K through 8 will be assessed via a Zoom meeting with the appropriate grade teacher.
- Preschoolers who are not yet three years old at the time of the application will be assessed when they are two years and ten months or older.
- Assessment Review: Our Admissions Committee reviews every application carefully, including the Teacher’s recommendation, to assess the child’s social and academic readiness and the family’s alignment with the mission of PNA.
- Qualified applicants will receive an Offer of Placement letter.
Step 2 - Registration
- When you receive an offer of placement, we will also send you a link to complete the registration process. During this process, you will:
- Provide contact information
- Provide medical information, such as immunizations and medical waiver
- Sign appropriate waivers for your child to fully participate in school activities
- Submit supporting documentation required by the school and the State of Alaska
- Pay the non-refundable tuition deposit, which will reserve the place for your child in the class.
- Indicate if you will apply for Financial Aid
- Once you know your child has been pre-qualified, this is an excellent time to apply for Financial Aid if you believe you will need it.
Step 3 - Agreement
- Our Business Office will work with you to finalize your contract.
- If you have applied for Financial Aid, this will be processed by the Financial Aid Review Committee before completing your contract.
- Your contract will be created and sent to you for review and acceptance, and PNA will establish a payment plan.
- Once the contract is signed, your child’s enrollment is complete.
Non Discrimination Statement
PNA does not discriminate based on gender, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by law in employment or administration of admissions or programs.