From the Head of School…
PNA follows the State of Alaska Mandates and Municipality of Anchorage Emergency Orders.
- PNA requires all staff and students 6 years and older to wear cloth face coverings during school and extended daycare.
- All staff, students, and visitors must undergo a daily health screening that includes a temperature check.
- Desks are placed 3 to 6 feet apart when feasible.
- Cohort classes are structured to minimize crossover among children and adults within the school.
- Cleaning and disinfecting routines are practiced regularly by staff, faculty, and full-time custodial services.
- Classes utilize outdoor spaces when possible.
- Due to the unique nature of the teaching schedule, instruction is four and ½ days. We have early release on Fridays with care available at no charge from noon to 3:30 pm.
- Families have selected regular drop off and pick up time for the school year; this schedule is in place until COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted.
- PNA expects families and staff to follow all current mandates and guidelines, including travel, in their private lives.
Please continue to check back for important information that provides more details for the current and upcoming school year.
Coronavirus Anxiety – Helpful Expert Tips and Resources, Anxiety & Depression Association of America
Help Your Family De-Stress During Coronavirus Uncertainty, Common Sense Media
How to Talk to Kids about Coronavirus, The NY Times
Talking to Children about COVID-19, National Association of School Psychologists
Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus, Child Mind Institute
Helping Children Cope, video from CBC News
CDC Updates, Coronavirus (COVID-19)
COVID-19 in Children and Teens, from the CDC
Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS), COVID-19 Homepage
Coronavirus.gov, from the CDC, FEMA, & the White House