Job Classification: Temporary, full time; no more than 30-40 hours per week
Hours: Varies (6-8 hrs shifts scheduled between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., M-F)
Compensation: $16-18, DOE
Camp Assistants support the overall camp experience by providing fun and engaging activities that support the safety and social-emotional development of the students.
Essential Job Functions:
Camp Assistants are responsible for providing enrichment activities (arts, crafts, robotics, coding, etc.), supervision, and care to students before or after the main camp day as well as assisting Camp Instructors during the camp day.
Duties will include:
- Planning, developing, and leading creative activities
- Facilitating developmentally-appropriate games and activities
- Supporting the social-emotional development of the students by mediating conflict, and maintaining an emotionally safe environment
- Maintaining a positive and professional relationship with parents and students
- Actively supervising and engaging with students during choice time, outdoor play, games, etc.
- Prep and clean up of activities and Makerspace as directed
- Assisting Camp Instructor during lessons
- Photographing camp activities and blogging on camp website
- Maintaining the Makerspace inventory
- Appling firm, yet fair discipline
- Communicating effectively with all staff, parents, and children
- Completing necessary documentation; verifying parent or guardian signatures of attendance sheets
- Opening or closing tasks daily
- Light administrative duties such as filing, copying, documentation
This position reports directly to the Camp Director, but may work independently, as a team, or under the direction of a camp instructor. This position is often the first line of contact with parents.
No specific equipment used however, training will be provided on Makerspace tools and equipment
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of various forms of creating- robotics, art, science, sewing, coding, or engineering, etc.
- Demonstrate genuine concern, kindness, and respect to all staff, parents and children
- Display a high level of integrity and responsibility
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as effectively contribute as part of a team
- Complete all paperwork; follow camp policies and procedures
- Be an enthusiastic member of the Create Academy team
- Experience working with children in a licensed child care facility or accredited camp preferred
- Adult/Pediatric First Aid/ CPR certified preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent by start date
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Clean background check
Physical Aspects of the Job:
Work environment is typical of a school environment however this position involves daily exposure to weather elements. Candidates must possess adequate vision, hearing acuity, physical ability, strength, and stamina to perform the required responsibilities of activities associated with supervision and program delivery; ability to lift 35 pounds.