Job Classification: Temporary, full time; no more than 40 hours per week
Hours: Varies (6-8 hrs shifts scheduled between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., M-F)
Compensation: $18+, DOE
This position is responsible for developing and teaching creative arts activities for students in Grades K-6 each day.
Essential Job Functions:
The Creative Arts Instructor is responsible for developing and presenting innovative and engaging art lessons as well as providing active supervision and care to students during the camp day.
- Developing and leading fun and engaging drama, music or art experiences
- Facilitating activities designed to teach technique, art critique, communication, self expression, presentation skills
- Communicating effectively with all staff, parents, and children
- Supporting the social-emotional development of the students
- Actively supervising and engaging with students
- Maintaining the safety and wellbeing of the students
- Complete necessary documentation
- Additional duties as assigned
This position reports directly to the Camp Director, but may work independently, and as a team, with camp assistants, or other instructors.
Tools and materials related to the creation of art.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of various forms of art, drama, music
- Demonstrate genuine concern, kindness, and respect to all staff, parents and children
- Display a high level of integrity and responsibility
- Teach youth in a respectful manner
- Apply firm, yet fair discipline
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as effectively contribute as part of a team
- Complete all paperwork; follow camp policies and procedures
- Be an enthusiastic member of the Create Academy team
Bachelor’s degree in education or education related field or specialized discipline (for example: art, music, drama) preferred or
4 years experience working with children in an educational setting, or
a combination of education and experience equal to 4 years
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
Clean background check
Adult/Pediatric First Aid/ CPR certified
Physical Aspects of the Job:
Work environment is typical of a school and art studio environment however this position involves daily exposure to weather elements. Candidates must possess adequate vision, hearing acuity, physical ability, strength, and stamina to perform the required responsibilities of activities associated with supervision and program delivery; ability to lift 35 pounds.